Steven Falk, Attorney at Law
Since 1992, Steven Falk has focused his practice on legal issues relating to community associations and country clubs. Mr. Falk is a Florida Bar Board Certified Condominium and Planned Development Attorney. He has counseled clients throughout Florida with respect to the operation and development of approximately 30,000 residential units. Mr. Falk has represented over 300 community associations and country clubs regarding all aspects of their operations, including compliance with the Florida Condominium Act, Florida Homeowners Association Act, Florida Cooperative Act and other Federal and Florida statutes and regulations, collections, preparation of document amendments, amended and restated documents, loans and lines of credit, litigation before the Division of Florida Condominiums and Florida state courts, mediation and arbitration, bankruptcy proceedings, review and preparation of vendor contracts, real estate issues, interaction with Federal, Florida and local agencies, interpretation of governing documents and corporate governance. He has counseled clients with respect to the transfer of control of the Board of Directors from the developer.
He has worked with communities and clubs of all types, including condominiums, planned developments, “bundled” golf course communities, country clubs, commercial and mixed-use condominiums, resort developments, hotel condominiums, marina condominiums and mobile homes. He has also counseled clients with respect to conversions of buildings to residential condominiums and mixed-use condominiums.
Mr. Falk has completed over 100 Prospectus filings with the Division of Florida Condominiums on behalf of residential developers. Other services include preparation of homeowners’ association governing documents, compliance with Florida and Federal statutes, review of plats, issuance of title opinions and utility affidavits, and planning for turnover of control of the Board of Directors.
- Florida Bar Board Certified Condominium and Planned Development Attorney.
- AV® Preeminent™ rated by Martindale Hubbell.
- Named to The Best Lawyers in America® for Real Estate Law.
- Department of Business and Professional Regulation approved presenter of continuing education seminars for directors and community association managers.
- The Florida Bar, Condominium and Planned Unit Development Committee
- Community Associations Institute, South Gulf Coast Chapter
- Building Managers International
- Condominium Owners Managers & Associates Networking Club, Inc.
- Collier County Bar Association
Mr. Falk is admitted to practice in Florida and Connecticut and in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
1988 J.D. Boston University School of Law, cum laude
1985 B.A. Brown University